Senior Information Technology Generalist – tech.mn
Reports to: Director of ITS
Compensation: $ 58,559 – $ 73,099 per year plus benefits
The Senior Information Technology Generalist provides advanced expertise in technical and functional support to several theater departments in a variety of technological disciplines. This position also provides systems, storage and network administration escalation with a focus on understanding how systems work together and with which vendors to work with to resolve issues. The Senior Information Technology Generalist provides advanced technical support as needed across all departments, including, but not limited to, configuration and maintenance of Tessitura. All employees are expected to center, model and uphold Guthrie’s core values ââof artistic excellence; Community; Equity, diversity and inclusion; and fiscal responsibility.
This position is full time, exempt and eligible for benefits. Compensation for this position is $ 58,559 to $ 73,099 per year plus fringe benefits. In addition to its typical Monday through Friday schedule, this position is part of an after-hours on-call rotation.
The Guthrie is dedicated to creating a fair environment that mixes up all differences and strongly encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, Colored, Female, Transgender and non-binary applicants. This position will remain open until filled and until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified. Applicants from populations that are underrepresented in the field of theater are strongly encouraged to apply.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Customer service
- Foster a work environment integrating the Guthrie values ââof artistic excellence; Community; Equity, diversity and inclusion; and fiscal responsibility.
- Provide exceptional customer service to Guthrie staff and visitors. Take all possible steps to ensure a positive experience for all.
- Act with integrity and adaptability when solving problems to develop the best solution according to the highest standards in the industry.
2. System maintenance
- Perform and perform advanced system backups, maintenance, server upgrades and patches.
- Identify, review and recommend hardware and software purchases.
- Analyze and document computer usage across the organization.
- Configure and reimage unsupervised computers.
- Monitor and resolve network component and performance issues.
- Contribute to equipment and service documentation for daily operations performed including IP address administration, firewall administration, router and switch configurations, and logical / physical network diagrams.
3. Operations and administration
- Maintain a high degree of expertise in order to research, analyze, evaluate and recommend new technological developments.
- Keep abreast of trends and best practices in technology and business applications by participating in conferences, national and regional associations and online learning. Share trends with the STI team as necessary and applicable.
- Coordinate supplier support for desktop and multifunction printers.
- Lead, defend and support projects related to the implementation of best practices.
- Provide tactical and strategic input on infrastructure planning.
- Perform other assigned duties.
4. Business assistance
- Provide on-call support after hours and in emergency situations.
- Provide support and resolution of hardware and software issues.
- Troubleshoot, nurture and collaborate as needed with other ITS staff to resolve issues.
- Educate end users on the use of recommended equipment, software and manuals to correct problems or conditions.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Significant prior experience in a technological field. Experience in customer service, servers, network and / or database required.
- Experience and advanced knowledge in the use of Microsoft products, such as Office 365, Active Directory, Windows Servers, Windows 10 and Office.
- In-depth and solid working knowledge of networking concepts, Windows IIS, web technologies, and system security is required.
- Advanced experience in data backup and recovery.
- Experience with VMware.
- Experience in Tessitura desired but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment and meeting established deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable to constant change.
- Ability to troubleshoot service recovery issues and understand when to level up.
- Effectively uses strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Take the initiative to improve processes, think strategically and identify trends.
- Committed to establishing and maintaining constructive relationships with customers, end users, partners and suppliers.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multi-functional teams to work towards a common goal.
- Prioritizes the needs of a complex organization.
- Experience, ability and commitment to working with diverse groups in terms of gender expression, race, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class and immigrant status.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours / days, including evenings and weekends, reflecting the dynamic theater schedule.
A WORD FROM HUMAN RESOURCES
For the safety of our guests and staff, the Guthrie Theater requires that employees be fully immunized against COVID-19. Documentation of immunization status should be provided if an offer of employment is made.
Applicants must submit the following to be considered for the position: