Job: Information Technology Manager at Save The Children
Reference number: 22000654
Employee Status: Permanent
Team: Information Technology
Type of position: National / International
Reports to: Head of Information Technology
Staff reporting to this position: none
- Level 3: The post holder will have frequent (e.g. once a week or more) or intensive (e.g. four days in a month or more or overnight) contact with children and/or young people because they work on national programs; or visit country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the personnel of the police screening/verification process.
Purpose of the role
- Provide IT technical services to Abuja and other Field Offices by resolving IT issues, ensuring timely maintenance of all communication/IT equipment.
- He/she will provide all necessary IT services and also act as a member of the SCI Nigeria IT team during an operation request.
- The Information Technology Officer will be responsible for the following key areas in Abuja and other Save the Children International program field offices in Nigeria:
- Provide data analysis and visualization services to the Country Program when needed.
- In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the job holder will be required to work outside of the normal role profile and be able to modify working hours accordingly.
Scope of role
- Reports to: Head of Information Technology
- Staff reporting to this position: none
- Role Dimensions: The successful candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; have strong interpersonal and networking skills and the ability to work with a wide range of people.
Main areas of responsibility
- Support Abuja and other Field Offices on network troubleshooting ensuring efficient network connection. and maintain the entire local network installed in the supported offices
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of network devices, e.g. printers, scanners, etc.
- Keep a record of the installed and terminated LAN, VPN connection, and WAN in its supported location.
- In consultation with the Operations Manager and other team leaders, ensure that visitors (including staff from other sites, LES and consultants have the necessary IT support to enable them to carry out their official missions during their visits.
- Configure and install systems and set up new users.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance/checks and resolve issues with assigned field offices. Ensure that all IT equipment and IT accessories/peripherals are maintained effectively.
- Ensure that all IT issues within the office are identified and solutions are found and implemented.
- Update the hardware inventory if necessary.
- Install projectors, printers, copiers, fax machines, digital cameras, etc. for everyday use in the office and as needed for meetings etc.
- Ensure that the field/underground bases supported by him/her have a well installed and functional voice network (IP PBX). All devices are working and the service is profitable
- Troubleshooting technical issues with mobile subscriptions and IP phone.
- Ensure radio and satellite equipment is operational. Make sure satellite phones are working and SIM cards are activated at all times
- Ensure proper asset management at the office(s) he/she supports through the maintenance of an accurate and up-to-date asset register and inventory tracking system, working closely with officers logistics and administration
- Responsible for ensuring that all assets (computer and office equipment) are properly used
- Oversee the issuance and return of assets to/from staff and record all asset movements and disposals of IT equipment
- Provide first level of IT help desk support in assigned field offices
- Communicate any service interruptions to users, opportunities and other relevant policies
- Perform any other task required by the supervisor
Computer security and backup:
- Keep the network and all computer systems safe, secure and virus-free.
- Report any alleged or suspected misuse of IT systems/equipment, security breaches and major violations of organizational standards to the in-country IT representative.
- Ensure proper backup of all personnel information, files and records.
- Provide data analysis and visualization support to country office teams.
- Participate in project design and provide suggestions and proposals for integrating ICT into program delivery.
- Deploy, configure and maintain ICT4D devices and monitor databases including networks, servers and telecommunications.
- Support capacity building initiatives, remotely or onsite, of staff, partners and end users to ensure effective and consistent adoption and use of ICT applications.
- Prepare statistical reports on ICT related data and parameters. If necessary, implement measures to ensure required standards are met.
- Basic understanding of business analytics concepts and best practices.
- Demonstrated experience in building ICT capacity with professional staff.
- Knowledge of ICT4D trends, applications and technologies.
- Knowledge of MS Project and Office applications.
- Expert-user level knowledge of agency-supported ICT4D solutions
Other support responsibilities:
- Provide input into program activity planning to integrate the use of ICT for program delivery.
- Provide regular activity/progress report to IT/Information Manager on all aspects of IT operations, highlighting issues encountered and special initiatives taken, etc.
- Participate and be part of the IT Representative program network managed by the IT/information manager
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures, including child protection, code of conduct, etc.
Behaviors (Values in practice)
- is responsible for making decisions, effectively managing resources, realizing and exemplifying the values of Save the Children
- holds the team and partners accountable for fulfilling their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance, and enforcing appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team takes responsibility for their personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- broadly shares their vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- forward-looking, thinks strategically and globally.
- establishes and maintains effective relationships with his/her team, colleagues, members and external partners, as well as supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- accessible, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and promotes new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates the highest levels of integrity
- Education Level – Computer science degree or related IT certifications.
- Experience in managing servers and Active Directory
- Experience in a relatively insecure field environment
Experience and skills
- At least 2 years of work experience in a similar position, preferably in Northern Nigeria.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PABX, hardware maintenance and ability to troubleshoot simple hardware issues; this includes configuration and management of network devices, e.g. printers, scanners, etc.
- Solid experience in maintaining, troubleshooting and administering a Microsoft Windows (local) network.
- Solid experience in maintaining, troubleshooting and administering a Microsoft Windows 2008 server.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, including XP, Windows 2003 and Windows 7, and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of using data analysis and visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Knowledge of Azure cloud management
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; have strong interpersonal and networking skills and the ability to work with a wide range of people.
- Level of communication and interpersonal skills – Excellent
- Language Requirements – English – Excellent,
- Level of IT expertise required – Excellent
- Number of years of experience desired in a similar role – 3
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- The duties and responsibilities described above are not exhaustive and the incumbent may be required to perform additional duties within the reasonable extent of his level of skills and experience.
- The incumbent is required to perform their duties in accordance with SCI’s policies and procedures on equal opportunity and diversity.
Child protection :
- We must keep children safe so that our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to protecting children from abuse.
Protection of our staff:
- The incumbent is required to perform their duties in accordance with SCI’s Anti-Harassment Policy
Health and security
- The incumbent is required to perform their duties in accordance with SCI’s health and safety policies and procedures.
Click here to apply