Automatic Data Processing Inc. Shares Near 52-Week High
Automatic Data Processing Inc. (ADP) shares closed today 0.7% below their 52-week high of $243.76, giving the company a market capitalization of $101 billion. The stock is currently up 40.0% year-to-date, 39.7% over the past 12 months and 161.4% over the past five years. This week, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.6% and the S&P 500 rose 2.3%.
- Trading volume this week was 25.3% below the 20-day average.
- The beta, a measure of the stock’s volatility relative to the broader market, is 0.9.
- The stock’s Relative Strength Index (RSI) was above 70, indicating that it may be overbought.
- The MACD, a momentum indicator that follows the trend, indicates an upward trend.
- The stock closed below its Bollinger Band, indicating it may be oversold.
Comparative market performance
- The company’s stock price is the same as the S&P 500 index, beats it on a 1-year basis and beats it on a 5-year basis
- The company’s stock price is the same as the Dow Jones Industrial Average, beats it on a 1-year basis and beats it on a 5-year basis
- The company’s stock price is the same as the performance of its peers in the information technology industry sector, beats it on a 1-year basis and lags it on a 5-year basis
Comparative performance by group
- Company’s year-to-date stock price performance outperforms peer average by 3.5%
- The company’s stock price performance over the past 12 months exceeds the peer average by 5.0%
- The company’s price-to-earnings ratio, which relates a company’s stock price to its earnings per share, is 19.4% above average.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.